Saturday, December 13, 2008

Allie is officially gone. She left yesterday at 5:00 a.m. I miss her a lot. It´s super weird staying here in Santiago in an apartment all by myself. I will miss her a lot and am so thankful that we had at least one month and a half together.

One positive with Allie´s absence is that I pray a lot more. I read a lot more and focus a ton on learning Spanish. Last night I couldn´t sleep b-c it was a Friday night and was watching TV. People who know me know that I rarely watch TV. But, I can watch TV in Spanish and that helps with Spanish comprehension. Anyhow, the things that are on TV are so terrible!!!! For example there was an American reality show that came on. A young man was going on a date with a new girl b-c his mom demanded it due to not liking his current girlfriend. So, while he basically cheating on his girlfriend his mom and current girlfriend are watching his date. While they are watching his date together, they make mean comments to one another. The current girlfriend told his mom that she didn´t like the new girls smile and the mom bickered back at her "well at least her teeth are clean!". This stuff is so stupid, I can´t believe there is even a show like this.

Anyhow, I have done other things than just watch TV. I got up early this morning, went to the gym and realized there was no one in the public lounge-gym area b-c everyone was sleeping from going out Friday night. So, I brought my flute up there and the acustics are AMAZING!!! I even sounded good while playing the flute. I met a guy who makes-sells jewelry the other day named Fransisco. He also is learning to play the flute. he said that he would come with me by the metros to protect me while I play the flute for money. Hahah.... this would be an adventure! I am seriously considering it. I know 2 christmas songs and it´s not uncommon at all to play an instrument to the public to make money. In fact a lot of people travel from restaurant to restaurant either selling or playing their music and later going around to each table to collect money if people feel led to give.

Oh, I have a job conversing with Chileans who want to practice their English conversation skills. I like it so far, just not sure if the company who hired me will pay. They are low on cash flow b-c clients don´t pay, so pray that I am paid!

That´s about it. Hope all is well at home and not having Allie here makes me realize how much I miss everyone at home.

Hugs and kisses!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Awww, I'm sure you miss her so much. But don't worry, you'll be fine. The individual experience will be incredible. I hope you behave!! :)