Wednesday, February 25, 2009



This is a picture of me, Nora (who I am living with now), Erica (Nora's best friend since she was a child), Erica's boyfriend (her husband passed away a few years ago), Carlos and Margarita (Erica's children).

Nora made "porotos granados", a typical Chilean soup. It was delicious. We of course had Chilean wine. It was a fun night and I learned a lot of Chilenismos.



I've officially ended my job as "English Teacher" or conversing with Chileans in English and my job at Bellavista Hostel. From left to right in this picture is Kika, me, Eli, Camila and Tamara. This was my favorite job I've had so far. I always looked forward to going to work. I was able to use my Spanish and English eveyday and meet people from all over the world. Today I met 2 guys from Israel. They told me about how they were in battle and their side of the story that is going on between Israel and Gaza. I loved this job and the people I worked with.

I am now heading off on a 7-9 day trip to the souther part of Chile. My itinerary is as follows (you can look some of these cities up on google to get an idea of the beauty I will see!):

Pomaire, Rapel Dam, Pichilemu (surfing capital), Punta de Lobos, Santa Cruz, Pucon, Villarica National Park, Villarica Volcano, Huerquehue National Park, Lican Ray, Panquipulli, Puerto Montt, Possibly the island Chiloe, Alerce Andino National Park, Puerto Varas, Llanquihue Lake, Saltos del Laja and Vina Balduzzi. I will be traveling with Pachamama (pachamamabybus.com) and they gave me a nice discount for having worked at the hostel. Other backpackers will go and I will probably meet some fun travelers! I am really looking forward to it.

I hope all is well at home. I am looking forward to seeing friends and family, but am also sad to leave good friends that I've made here. Life can be bitter sweet at times and when I leave on the plane to come home, I will be leaving some great memories and a beautiful country. Yes, I will probably shed a few tears. But right when I see family and friends, it will be all worth it in the end to come home!!! Love and miss you all back home! xoxo

No comments: