Monday, January 26, 2009

I have a new job that I am pretty excited about! I will be working at a hostel on the weekends and on Wednesdays. I will get to meet a lot of people from all around the world - we could start our own little United Nations!

Quick side note: "The Way of a Pilgrim" is a good book to read on the practice of the Jesus prayer. Joel Wilson sent this to me and has been a fresh of breath air. If you haven't read it, I would recommend it. The front page says "A classic of Russian spirituality."

The weather is amazing here, so hot and sunny everyday. Anyone want to come visit to get a break from the cold??

The only complaint about the hot/sunny days is that I sweat a lot and currently own 2 pairs of pants one of which is extremely uncomfortable. So, I end up wearing the same black pants nearly everyday. However, it's great b/c I am sooooo thankful right after my black pants are washed and clean to wear. I have learned how simple life is when owning only a few outfits.

My roommate, Lizzy from England, found/saved an abandoned kitten - he was literally skin and bones. His name is "Dirty Frank" or "Sucio Frank". She is taking good care of him and Dirty Frank is starting to gain enough energy to play. Hope all is well with everyone!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I 100% love Dirty Frank!

I'm super glad about your new job. I know you'll love it. I always saw you rising up to be in the UN. ;)

Miss you. It's pretty tempting to head on over there to get a break from this frigid weather.