Tuesday, January 13, 2009


I present you all to a wonderful friend - Megan. She's from Texas and this is her at Vina del Mar, Chile. She lives in the same hostel as I do. We went to a Mexican restaurant last night. Eating Mexican while speaking English with a US citizen reminded me of home a lot. It was a lovely evening. I am very thankful for her.

While we were walking home from the Mexican restaurant last night we saw a man peeing on a tree. We made a little chuckle and he noticed that we saw him and he yelled "disculpa chicas!" - "excuse me girls!". Ay, ay, ay.


To the right is a cute Chilean family on the beach. As the dad graciously took about 8 minutes to put sunscreen on his son so he wouldn't burn, a lot of things went through my head. First thing is hoping that I have a family someday and the next was "oh yeah I will have to put sunscreen on myself and my children, too much work!" :)

It's amazing how many sacrifices parents make for their children. So, this goes out to all the parents in this world - thanks for making the daily sacrifices for your children!

The trip to Vina del Mar was my first time in over two months to go to the beach. The bus ride only takes an hour and a half from Santiago.

1 comment:

Joel and Tessi said...

Someday hopefully you'll know that parenting isn't as hard as it may seem to a single person. Single people have to make sacrifices too. :)